söndag 9 september 2012

How about doing something about this ol' blog?

Hi. It's me. I'm here. I'm alive. And I'm going to try to kick this blog back into existence again. I have so much to share, both scrappy things, homey things and other artistical endeavours I have attempted. I have spent all summer doing things at the farmhouse, and trying to think outside the box when it comes to interior designing on a budget. Do I really need to buy a fancy shoe rack, or can I build one out of reclaimed wood, that actually fits underneath the stairs? The kids can't reach the coat hanger - can I build one for them with things I already have? Oooh, I so want one of them fancy subway signs I have seen on Pinterest - now, what about those plywood sheets P brought home the other day, and some paint? Things like that, you know. So, I have created. I have scrapped. And I have painted a few rooms too. I have even put in some carpet this summer, all by myself. I'd love to share the results, if there are some people out there still reading this blog.

Anyway, I'd like to start with some scrappy items. I have dabbled a bit with mixed media this summer, and last month I created these two items for Scraplagret. First up is a layout, where I have used a few fun techniques to create texture. I have used thin fabric, doilies, tons of acrylic paint, mists and inks to make a mess, if nothing else. And what a blast it was!
Then, after I'd done that, I thought: Why not venture into the unknown world of She Art too, while I'm at it? So I did. And this canvas is what came out of that whim.


Believe it or not, I actually also started an Art Journal! But you will have to wait for a couple of days for the first pages of it. Because I intend to keep this blog alive! I might have to change the whole layout of it, and maybe even its name, but it will be up and running. I was a bit embarrassed the other day, when I spoke to my friend Kristin, who runs KiA's Butik, and we sorta touched on the subject of blogging.
"Oh, I haven't updated mine in ages", I said.
"I know", she said. "Not since June 24."
That made me realise that there still may be people reading it. And the purpose I had with starting this blog years ago was to make an attempt to inspire others with what I do. What's the point in creating something if you are only going to hide it away?

So, keep your fingers crossed, good people. The blog might be alive for many years to come...

//Jenny

Inga kommentarer: