tisdag 16 december 2008

Laura's sketch 15, and another totally unexpected thing...

Did you know we had an earthquake this morning? That is so totally unexpected, we don't get those here. Not in safe old quiet Scandinavia, we just don't! At least, that's what I thought until this morning, when the house started shaking, and the glasses in the cupboard started rattling, and the fan in the livingroom ceiling started rotating all by itself. Luckily, there was no damage here, and noone was hurt, so I see it as a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Kind of exciting, actually. And so unexpected...

Last week I had to have a little break from my usual monday routine. There was no time for cardmaking, just work, work, work. It always gets a little crazy this time of year, when there aren't many days left of the term, but still papers to grade and students you have to chase to get assignments handed in. But we're all done with that now, and Friday is the last day of school before the Christmas holidays. I'm spending a great deal of this week crafting with a group of students, and they are so creative! At times like these, I really love my job. Well, I love my job all the time, just a little bit more this week.

So, I did make a card for Laura's sketch over at 2 sketches this week. I suddenly realized that I was in a hurry to get the remaining Christmas cards done, so I managed to make a whole bunch of them last night. The Nook December kit came in really handy.
I'll be back with more cards shortly...

//Jenny, shaken, not stirred

12 kommentarer:

Scrappy Running Me sa...

we have earthquakes all the time in good ole SoCalif. glad all is well!

ScrapAddict sa...

We don't get many earthquakes here in central Texas but I've been through a couple....they're scary!!

Laura Davis sa...

Oh Jeja this is beautiful!! I am so glad you had time to play I know exactly how you feel! I worked in an Elementary school for 6 years! I hope you enjoy your winter break:) Earthquakes, wow scary!
Hugs
Laura

Unknown sa...

Beautiful card and fabulous take on the 2s4y sketch!!

Unknown sa...

Stunning card! I love the warm rich colors you used and the lace trim is beautiful!

**Nancy** sa...

Beautiful card!!!

Hanneke van der Linde sa...

Beautiful!

papertrails leaver sa...

Such a nice combo with the papers and earthquakes are freaky!

Anonym sa...

Wonderful take on the sketch.... loce it...HUGS... SK :)

debby4000 sa...

Lovely card and love the snowflake. Glad to hear the earthquakes didn't do any damage.

Anabelle O'Malley sa...

Very pretty. I love the colors!!

Eva sa...

This is soooo beautiful!