söndag 5 juni 2011

Some late night blogging

We are having a few days off from school and work, my family and I, and it has been a really nice few days so far, except for the fact that P hurt the back of his neck really, really bad last week, so he hasn't been able to move around very much. Our to-do list at the farm was miles long before this holiday, and guess what? We haven't really narrowed it down very much. Obviously. Except for the shopping part, that is. We have bought a fridge, a freezer, paint, new floors for two rooms and everything we need to finish those two rooms up completely. So soon, very soon our little farmhouse is actually inhabitable, at least now in the summertime. I've been working as much as possible these last few days, but things move along a great deal slower when P can't help out. Today, however, I took an all day break from renovating, and spent it at KiAs butik, the local scrapbook store my friend Kristin has opened (it's actually VERY local. It's a five minute walk from my house.), where I've been cropping all day.

So, to celebrate the grand opening of KiAs, I made this, my own interpretation of Kristin's store.






The papers are Basic Grey's Hello Luscious, from the My Scrapbook Nook May kit.


So, I know I really should have spent the day renovating, to be able to move into the farmhouse sooner, and to be able to sit there in the garden every night listening to the nightingale singing his heart out and watching the swallows flying in and out of the barn, and enjoying all those things that made us want to buy the farm in the first place. But hey, a girl has to scrap once in a while too to remain happy and content, right? So today was my day doing just that, and tomorrow I'm back struggling with the paintbrush again, a lot happier that I would have been if I had not been cropping with my dear friends today.

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Hej Jenny, nu har jag hittad till din sida. Heeeelt underbara grejor du gör, jag blir liksom tyst av beundran. Jag såg ju huset du gjorde till Kristin i verkligheten, fantastiskt. Är det ok om jag länkar till dit inlägg här från min Facebooksida?
Lucienne

pysselpetra sa...

fantastisk och så underbart för Kias butik med en sådan modell

Becca sa...

Wow!

Jag bara totar runt bland alla pysselbloggar och tänkte samla ihop några för inspiration och så ser jag detta hus!
Helt fantastiskt och vilket pill!