torsdag 13 februari 2014

SST round #2 Monochromatic

I made it to the second round of the Supreme Scrap Tournament, and since I've never been a fan of double layouts I almost dropped out when I heard that the second round was also to be a double. But, well, here it is. I'm not half as pleased with this one as I was with the last one (with which I, by the way, won the first round in my group).

The theme for this round is monochromatic, and I chose to work with the color blue. I've been using different blue shades of papers and embellishments, and I have also used different blue pens and mists to add even more color.
The color products I have used are all different shades of blue - Dylusions Ink Spray Vibrant Turquoise, Heidi Swapp Color Shine Navy, Tombow Dual Marker No 443 Cyan and Zig Writer Navy.
The photos take me back to last Summer and the beach house we rented for a few days. They were perfect Summer days at a perfect Summer location, and looking at them bring back the sound of the waves and the wind outside my window at night, and the lingering warmth of a smooth sunkissed cliff after sunset.
It really makes me long for Summer... and for that place. I hope I'm able to return some day, because I really found peace of mind there, where the sky met the sea. There's something about staring out at the horizon, as far as the eye can see, and let your mind go. Don't we all need that once in a while?
Oh, and that felt lace ribbon. I know it almost look kind of purplish in the evening light. But in real life, it's a perfect match.

Wish me luck!

1 kommentar:

Sinikka sa...

Kanon fin igen!!!!!