fredag 3 oktober 2008

Nook U-layouts

I just realized that I never showed you the layouts I made for the last round of Nook U. The first one was supposed to have a song title for title, and I chose my favourite song all times: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7CuJ8cR9sg

The photo was taken when I was fifteen and graduated from nineth grade, and I've written about how everyone wanted to stay that age forever, and how priviliged I feel to be working with kids that age, who never make me forget what it's like to be that young.

I've used thickers for the title, but they were the wrong colour, so I sanded them slightly, sprayed them with brown and golden mist, and covered them with glossy accent. Before the glossy accent was completely dry I sprayed another coat of golden mist, allowing the gold to sink in a little in the glossy accent. That gave the letters a really cool effect. I've also used a little golden mist on the brown cardstock. I really love my mists, can't imagine how on earth I could live without them...

The second layout had to have a title in a foreign language. I could have gone with English, but I decided to make it a little more difficult, use a French title and make this layout about a journey I made in France when I was 17. The title means "a story about an old goat", and, well, it's a long story to tell, so I won't bore you with that one. I've studied French for quite a few years, but since I don't use it that much anymore, I've lost so much of it, which is a shame, because it's probably the most beautiful language in our world.

Here's a little detail that turned out pretty OK. This layout was so much fun to make, and it brought back quite a few memories from this journey. I feel like getting more of those photos developed and scrap more of the journey before all my memories are lost. It was, after all, so many years ago...

2 kommentarer:

voodoo vixen sa...

Beautiful layouts, so much detail in them!!

Anonym sa...

Jag säger bara WOW!!!! Helt fantastiska!
Än en gång... Stort Grattis till din välförtjänta vinst på Nook U!!!!