lördag 26 september 2009

A little chest of drawers

This is the second item I'm going to show you from my first DT kit from Scraplagret. I've altered this little chest with a gorgeous blue paper from G45 Renaissance Faire. I've always been a sucker for blue.
It's a fairly simple project - the chest was already white, so I just glued the paper on, and sanded the edges a little, and then I decorated a couple of bobbinettes and arranged them on top with a tag and a couple of flowers. Easy peasy, and my DD made me promise to make one for her too, because she fell madly in love with this one...

Speaking of my DD, she put a little bead up her nose today, so I've spent the entire afternoon driving back and forth between here and the two hospitals in our region. At first I went to Karlshamn, just to find out that they didn't have an ENT doctor on duty, it is, after all, Saturday. Then I had to drive to Karlskrona where they had one, and when we finally got her nose examined thoroughly, the bead was nowhere to be seen. It's like in Madicken, only my DD wasn't in a fight where it could have flown out. The doctor guessed that it might have gone down her throat, and in that case she has swallowed it. Anyway, I'm really proud of my little one, because she was such a good girl and endured having a multitude of gadgets shoved up her nose without complaining. Of course, everyone treated her like a princess, so she was perfectly happy all the time.

Some days are just like that... I hope you had a better one than I did :)

//Jenny

4 kommentarer:

Nicole Martel sa...

that little altered dresser is fabulous!!! I love it!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie sa...

Åhhhh, så søt! slik vil jeg også ha!

Malin sa...

Så läcker, och jag håller med dig blått är en oslagbar färg.

Cina99 sa...

Sååå mycket ljuvligt att vila ögonen på härinne! Blått är flott! :)